Friday, July 31, 2009

On the Road Again...

Tonight's going to be interesting. It's a 'smooth honky-tonk' night at Mike's Dance Barn. No Terry Lee tearing the place up - instead it'll be the house band and in a way they'll be playing me off the stage for a three-week hiatus. Business is taking me to the far-flung shores of Fremont, CA and Middletown, VA. In the span of three weeks I'll cross the country with only a brief stint at my Indiana Home between. I like traveling (especially when I can work in a visit to a great dance venue) but the first half of my travels promises to be way more business than trip. Maybe I'll get in a little surveying in Fremont, you never know.


During the second half, though, I'll be visiting a few venues in VA. One interesting fact about the town I'm staying in while in Virginia is that it's the birthplace of Patsy Cline. I guess that's a link between tonight's dance at Mike's Dance Barn and my traveling. Huh, synchronicity?

No comments:

Post a Comment