Monday, August 31, 2009

The Best Shoes

OK, so I’ve talked about my dance shoes a lot and my journey to find the best ones: sueding soles on street shoes, giving up high heeled shoes because of health issues, and whining about the loss of said shoes. I’ve mentioned my wonderful Argentina dance sneakers in previous posts, both my love of them and the “looks” I have gotten while wearing them, both good and bad. Progress on that front, but let me start with another cheer for these incredible, fabulous shoes.

The shoes made by Argentina Tango Shoes are the BEST I have ever had on my feet comfort wise, and even though I have chosen to get a low heeled variety, they are very sparkly and pretty. (You can opt for a high heel if you want.) The service from this company is also perfection; any question you have will be answered promptly by Guido Scaduto, the manager. You can choose a style on their new web site (below), or you can design your own. I can’t say enough about these shoes. I can dance all night. They lace up nice and tight. I have much less pain than I used to have in my high heels. And even though they are low, they are cute! Here’s a pic of me in a pair:




About the sneaker “looks” I’ve gotten. Within the clubs Gary and I danced in ladies all wore very high, strappy shoes. When I first started wearing my low tango sneakers I got stares…some were not so nice. But as I kept wearing them more and more women asked me where did I get those shoes…I happily told them. After that more and more women started to wear low heels. This may not be entirely my doing, but I like to think I have had some impact on heel height.

I think my greatest day came at the VERY fancy Roof ballroom here in Indy. A beautifully gowned women stopped me in the ladies’ room. She pointed at my tango sneakers, sighed, and said those are pretty and they look comfortable. I said yes to both, and told her where I had gotten them.

The world of dance is glamorous. And I admit rather sadly, that there is nothing that makes a woman look long and lean as a pair of strappy high heels, dancing or not. BUT…if I think of dancing as a sport and I do, and if I would never wear a pair of high heels to an aerobics class, they why would I think of wearing those heels to dance in?

Remember the mermaid in The Little Mermaid.. (not the Disney version, the real story by Andersen)? When the mermaid walked on land she experienced terrible pain...like knives shooting up her spine. This was her trade for the ability to walk on land. My discomfort wasn't that bad, but I realized after I began wearing the sneakers that looking nice didn't have to be painful. I could have it all.

In short, my tango sneakers are cute, sparkly, and comfortable. The company will make them however you would like. They are not cheap, but no more expensive than a pair of regular dance shoes or a good pair of running sneaks. I whole heartedly recommend this company. At least check out the website. Happy shopping. :-)


Guido D. Scaduto, Manager

argentinatangoshoes.com
info@argentinatangoshoes.com
http://www.argentinatangoshoes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment