Friday, April 29, 2011

Good Manners

On the heels of my jabby-jab post and a counter-balance to a post Gary wrote about the pressure to change dance partners, I have a nice addition.

Recently three people have commented about how lovely it is to see us dance together, and/or what a sweet couple we are. I’m ambivalent with compliments in general; not that I don’t recognize admiration for our dancing as a gift, it is, but compliments make me a little uncomfortable.

But compliments about Gary and my relationship seems different. I like that people can see how much in love we are. And I also was happy that perhaps people, at least three anyway, understand that choosing one dancing partner is just as valid as dancing with many.

At the very heart of our dancing is our relationship. We dance because it’s a fun way to spend time with one another…our dance evenings are our date nights. We support people who want to change partners. So it was very nice that we are supported for our choice.

I knew dancers were cool. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment