Saturday, June 11, 2011

Get Up Offa That Thing...

I'm not sure how long it's been since I last wrote. Too long, that's certain. I've just walked out on the worst boss I've ever had in my life, bar none. This is a dance blog, so I'm not going into any gory details, I'll just say that it came down to a sanity call - keep my sanity or not.

So, at T+1 days after severing my ties and even with the beginnings of worrying about finding another job, I can say I'm already feeling better than I have in months. Sure, I'm still shell-shocked. If that wasn't true, then the whole thing wouldn't have been a problem because I wouldn't have cared. There have been moments of clarity during the storm, especially in the final weeks. Times when I suddenly found myself saying, "Wait, this is craziness…", but the only times I've felt free were the times I spent on the dance floor. I stand by my mantra, dance takes you somewhere else - somewhere things aren't so bad.

So, in honor of putting the horror behind me, here's a little sentiment from Mr. James Brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment