Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thanksgiving Dance at Indy Dancers



I don’t think I’ve ever been in a situation where food wasn’t within an arm’s reach…at home, at friends and family’s homes, at work, at events, everywhere I go there’s food. I’ve never been hungry or without in my life, and although I’m rather embarrassed to say it, never given that much thought.

What hit me at the annual Thanksgiving Day dinner/dance with Indy Dancers was the abundance; there was every kind of dish imaginable. All of it was fabulous, and you could have as much as you wanted. After I finished I sat there watching everyone else enjoy their dinner and felt very blessed to live where I live, to be able to spend time with other dance fanatics, and most of all, to be with Gary.

We’ve had a hard year, but through it all we’ve had each other, good health, plenty to eat, a place to live, and dancing.

I feel very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment