Thursday, April 19, 2012

Warning: Girl Post



Glitter, glitter everywhere and not a drop to stick. OK, bad misuse of a quote. But glitter is a problem. Not a huge, earth shaking problem. More like an annoyance.

I love glitter in all forms…on my clothes and shoes, in my hair, on my skin. If I had my way I’d sparkle head to toe every time I went out. Unfortunately, looking like a giant disco ball would stand out in my Midwest locale, and I don’t really like that sort of attention.

But dancing is different. First, lots of people like sparkle, so I wouldn’t be the only one. Second, people are staring at you anyway, so why not dress exactly as you want? So I do…including glitter. The problem with most glitter is that by the end of the evening it’s everywhere. Gary is a very patient man, but I’m not sure he enjoys glitter on his face. Well, he doesn’t mind on New Year's and Halloween. And there are times I would like a more sophisticated application.

I found it…Ben Nye Aqua glitter. It’s stage makeup. Stage makeup is designed for buying in huge quantities so it’s not expensive. A lot of it is heavy, although companies like Ben Nye are changing this imagine by adding lighter formulas. In any case, hair glitter isn’t pancake makeup so I tried it. Instead of a spray it goes on with a little brush. I put some on…it sparkled brilliantly! Then I shook my head. Nothing. I worried a little. But…it crumbled out easily, and when I tried running water over a strand it dissolved away…the “aqua” part of the name. Duh.

It comes in a myriad of colors…I chose copper because I thought that would blend nicely with my hair. I’m thinking about some others though. Ben Nye is available on eBay, and lots of other places on the web.

Glitter on.

No comments:

Post a Comment