Saturday, January 26, 2013

I'm Back!

Well, the computer is (mostly) back and as you’ve probably noticed I’ve had a little time to take down the Yuletide decorations and put up something more in keeping with the season. It feel good to be back at my desk again, putting virtual ink to page and finally starting 2013.

This year promises to be a great one Blue Suede Souls land. We’ve purchased our Indiana Roof Big Band Series tickets, and will be attending the first concert of the 2013 season tomorrow. We’re also working hard on expanding our dance experiences, traveling to new and interesting venues, and generally having a good time. So, how about a belated welcome to the New Year and a look at my BSS Resolutions.

I think it's good to have goals. Without them I feel like I'm simply showing up and, if watching sports has taught me anything, there are no prizes for just showing up. This year my dance resolutions are:
  1. To learn about the history and origins of the dances we’re learning.
  2. To expand my dance repertoire by adding Tango to the Latin-style dances I know.
  3. To visit at least one new, never-danced-before venue.
  4. To let the little things go and just enjoy dancing.
There it is, four simple resolutions for 2013. Let’s see if I can remember to write an end of the year post to let you know how I did at attaining my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment