Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Winter Wonderland

I want to go to a winter wonderland dance. You know that old song, It's a Marshmallow World? That's what I want.

The venue, I think, needs to be an old one. Like the Indy Roof, but something different because I've been to the Roof lots. I love it, but my winter wonderland fantasy needs to be a place I've never been. This venue has to have plenty of room, because there will be and lots of decorated trees all around the dance floor. Not evergreens. I want bare branchy trees with white lights. Snow is heaped under the trees and softly shimmers. It can be cotton. As long as it shimmers. Hanging from the ceiling are giant white snowflakes that gently glow. Don't ask me how to make them glow, I just want them to. Kind of that Harry Potter look in the first movie at the holiday dinner. On the dais a band is playing. The band members are in white tuxes. A female singer wears a silver sequined dress. They are in perfect tune and playing all my favorite holiday dancing music, most of which is on this blog. Probably not Smashmouth though. Behind them is a ginormous tree, this one is a holiday tree, trimmed to the nines with everything imaginable. Oh, and the bar is serving Champaign cocktails. They are complimentary, of course. It's my fantasy, OK?

So I'm dancing out on the floor with my husband (in a tux 'cause I know he would look hot in one), surrounded by other dancers who are all well mannered. They all have gorgeous clothing. I'm wearing a white velvet dress that is perfectly clean without any smudges. It stays that way all evening too. It twirls out nicely as I spin. Just as the music plays Santa Baby, snow begins to fall. Again, don't ask me how to do it. I just want it. I guess it can be fake.

At the end of the dance my man tell me he loves me and gives me a diamond something.

Sigh.

At least one of those things happen at every dance. And hey, I love rhinestones if this dream ever happens.

It's a marshmallow world in the winter
When the snow comes to cover the ground
It's the time for play, it's a whipped cream day
I wait for it the whole year round.

It's a yum-yummy world made for sweethearts
Take a walk with your favorite girl
It's a sugar date, what if spring is late
In winter it's a marshmallow world.

No comments:

Post a Comment