Monday, April 13, 2009

Swingin' with the Seniors

Gary and I recently attended a dance event with my parents. Have I said my parents dance? They started at 80. Pretty fabulous. I hope I am them when I reach that age. Anyway, they go often with us to our dance clubs and we thought we would return the favor by attending a 50's dance at their senior center.

As I've said in another post, it's funny to be called "young lady" at the age of 50. But, when everyone else is over seventy I guess I am. We had a blast; the music was good, everyone was dressed to kill, and being with my folks is fun. But what was really cool was seeing all those seventy plus couples jitterbugging and swinging like they'd done it since they were teens which, of course, they had.

Makes me sad in a way that my generation did not, but oh well. If they can swing at seventy, then so can I.

One, two, three o'clock, four o'clock rock
Five, six, seven o'clock, eight o'clock rock
Nine, ten, eleven o'clock, twelve o'clock rock
We're gonna rock around the clock tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment