Saturday, October 3, 2009

Antisocial Social Dancing

Is it so wrong to be an antisocial social dancer? I mean, last night Kelly and I headed out for a Friday at Riolo with the Brickyard Boogie Dancers and when we got there the parking lot was noticeably empty. I counted heads two thirds of the way through the evening and got about 44 members in attendance. A small crowd, to be sure, but I have to say I liked it that way. The Riolo (I'm sure I've mentioned before) isn't a big place and when the whole club is in attendance the dance floor can be kind of tight. Toss in a few people with marginal floor manners and you're dodging elbows and knees all night long. Friday, even with me feeling tired after a tough week of work, I never really felt overwrought.

So I guess what I'm saying is that, every once in awhile it's not such a bad thing to have an empty house!

No comments:

Post a Comment