Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Dance Sandals

Can you possibly stand yet another post about dance shoes? Could it be your knee challenged dancer is tired of her Argentina dance sneakers? No way. I still love them with all my heart, and more importantly, with all my joints.

But they are sneakers, and I’ve never given up the longing for a bit fancier shoe for elegant events. I do have a pair of black boots (Sansha brand, warning: they run a size bigger than your street shoe) that I bought for a Halloween outfit last year. They are very nice and look cool. In the winter. But what about the summer?

I was resigned to wear my sneakers during hot weather. But then I found…the Grecian dance sandal. If you are looking on a UK site they call them Greeks. They look scary; that almost non existent strap under the instep just doesn’t seem like it would work.

But it does. They are low heeled (one inch), comfy (I added a foot ball pad), and they look like…sandals! Granted, they are not the strappy competition ballroom numbers you see on TV. They are not as comfortable as my sneaks. But, they are delicate looking and in my mind perfect for fancy dances. Many brands out there, my favorite is Bloch. They come in black, always good, and also a suntan that practically disappears on your feet if you are that color. Which I am….with a little fake tan.

Depending on which site you go to, there are all kinds of advice about sizing. Mine fit exactly true to size; I wear a 7 street shoe and a 7 Bloch fit me. They cost anywhere from 30-50 bucks on line, I got mine for considerably less on ebay. Here they are:

No comments:

Post a Comment