Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bear Necessities


Yes, this blog is about dancing. No, I guess this isn't technically a dance-related picture. Then again it is a dancing bear. Well, it is isn't it? Isn't it?

I'm trying to imagine the discussion that preceded the brief, off-Broadway life of this pair.

"I am telling you, Ivan, they would not know bear if bit them in seat of cassock! I make you A1, quality bear suit, look just like real thing. You see, when I done you will not recognize own self from ravenous ursine forest beast!"


"But head is made of papier-mâché and old eye glasses."


"You must inhabit character, Ivan. Think bear, be bear!"


"But bear skin made of union suit, have seat flap."


"Ivan, your attitude is bringing me down. Drink vodka, think of money we make!"
Later that day they were stoned by a crowd of eight year olds.

Can you imagine the ad on Monster.com?
Wanted: Dancing bear-man. Must have no pride or sense of shame. Experience roaring a plus. Former BP executives and Wall Street mortgage bankers need not apply due to the job's requirement to work closely with children.

No comments:

Post a Comment