Saturday, January 15, 2011



Gary and my birthdays are in January, rather nice, because we usually decide to do something together along with our separate celebrations. Now that we dance, that something usually is a dance, hopefully a destination dance.

We both search the web often for unusual or historic venues; as much as we love the tried and true, venturing out to new places hold a shivery excitement. If you’ve read our blog long you’ve realized we’ve managed to find quite a few interesting venues, even within the confines of the Midwest. However, you’ve also probably seen how I’ve longed for a fairy ball, coming to understand that most of those were on either coast, or in the UK.

Well. I was scouring around for something unique, and low and behold, I found the Crystal Ball, modeled after the dance of the same name in the Harry Potter books. I read on rather morosely, thinking how cool, if only there’d be something like this in our neck of the woods when lo, I saw where it was... Ohio!!! And in a castle!! Who knew? Here it is, Landoll’s Mohican Castle:



So next weekend we are off to the Ball. I’m so excited. The dress code is either Muggle formal or Wizard-ish. We decided on Wizard. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment