Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year’s Eve

Well, another wonderful New Year’s Eve dance at the Greenwood Moose: the food was great, the people friendly, and the band fabulous (The Marlinaires). Gary and I danced our respective you-know-whats off and today I feel like I’ve been hit by a truck, but last night was well worth today’s pain. We danced and danced until we couldn’t dance anymore.

We missed my sister and her family being there this year…I had no one to twist with, as my niece Ruthie was my twistin’ partner last year. Here’s a pic of the crowd doing it, though.



After the balloons dropped at midnight the floor degenerated into a littering of shredded balloons, noise makers, (human and mechanical), and a huge bunny hop. I like a good conga line as well as the next, but we were beat. Gary and I gathered up our stuff, wished my parents a happy new year, and made the long journey home.

Sigh. I love New Year’s. It’s almost as good as Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment