Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dance of Love

About six months ago we met a charming couple at the Indianapolis Roof, Bev and Jack. Over the months we all sat at the same table and in between dances got to know each other. From the way they danced and spoke with one another we assumed they’d been married for years…the fondness for each other was evident in every word, gesture, and dance move.

So we were quite surprised to find their love was fairly recent. After a number of personal and physical hardships, they found one another on the dance floor. We were honored when they asked us to come to their wedding reception.

It was held in a renovated old building in Terre Haute, Indiana, the Ohio Building. Lovely spot. We had a fabulous time. Seeing Jack and Bev dance together was wonderful. Seeing two people in love…even better.

Here they are. This is Bev’s salsa dress. She had a waltz dress too. Exactly what I would have done for my wedding had I danced back then. :-)




"Please send me your last pair of shoes, worn out with dancing as you mentioned in your letter, so that I might have something to press against my heart."

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments:

Post a Comment