Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Magnetic Nail Polish: Girl Post

Summertime is when my fashion magazines make their biggest appearance…I read them all year, but there are only so many I can consume immersed in water via my winter soaks. When I spend a day on my deck, it’s morning until dusk, so there is plenty of time to discover new beauty trends.

My newest discovery is Sally Hansen magnetic nail polish. Not magnetic as in a magnetic personality (although you might be headed that way with this stuff), but really magnetic, as in the polish has metal bits and the lid is a magnet.

You know how sometimes you wish someone would invent panty hose that didn’t run or a pair of jeans that fit everywhere? Or how you could have glittery stars floating around you that whirl at every step? Ok, that’s just me. Anyway, many new beauty products are improvements on existing items or things I’d wished for. This polish is so unexpected. First, who comes up with ideas like this??? As creative as I like to think I am, my brain never would have thought of it.

It works just like it says…paint it on, hold the magnet over your nail for a few seconds, and poof, nails that appear moonstone-like with soft ripples of color. Incredibly beautiful, easy, and not expensive, about 6 bucks.

Good job oh nameless one working at Sally Hansen. Now get going on those floating stars.

PS. It says use two coats. It’s pretty thick so I used one coat (with a clear base) and it worked just fine. The metal bits tend to settle or maybe I’m a slow painter, but I needed to shake the bottle a couple of times to keep the metal in the mix, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment