Thursday, May 15, 2008

Is This Thing On?

It’s been awhile since I’ve written so I thought I’d take the time tonight to jot down (can you ‘jot’ at a computer?) a little note. In truth we've been involved in planning a family event - a party that's been, shall we say, time consuming. Even though we've kept dancing I haven't touched my keyboard for anything more taxing than a quick spin at The SIMs 2. Anyway, this isn't a blog about my excuses for not blogging - so to the dope.

We’ve got the Lindy Hop Inside Turn down! And that means we’ll actually be able to get out of the outside turn which is nice since we’ve been kind of waiting for that before we take our hop out for a public debut. Tomorrow night we’re returning to Riolo for that debut – they’re having an ‘Any Swing Goes’ night and since Riolo doesn’t play whole songs, it should be a great chance for a road test.

It’s a strange feeling to finally be airing our hop. We’ve been working on it for so long and actually we’ve been incorporating hunks of the hop into our triple swing…but somehow doing straight lindy hop is different. Maybe it’s one of those things – a goal we’ve been reaching for and now we’re about to achieve it – maybe on some level I never thought we’d be here. Still, twenty-four hours from now we’ll be donning our shoes and stepping onto the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment