Saturday, March 28, 2009

Changed My Life

It's been a while since I sat down and penned (or should I say pixeled) a new blog entry so I thought that I'd take the opportunity to do so before we headed off for an evening of dancing. The past few weeks have been pretty dance-heavy for K and me. We've visited a local retirement home - no, not to consider residency and defiantly not to demonstrate how 'it' is done - and we've visited the Indiana Roof Ballroom twice. In fact we've started packing our dance card for the summer and that fact brought about a sort of realization. Dance has really changed the way we live our lives.

Okay, that's kind of a pat thing to say. It's a little cliché to say anything has changed your life because so many people say that about so many innocuous things. I mean Starbucks has changed my life. Work has changed my life. Not falling into a pool of molten magma has changed my life. Yet, at the risk of joining the hyperbole club, dancing really has- yes - changed our lives.

I've got evidence. For instance we spent an hour on Friday going over what's going on in the dance scene in the coming month and deciding what we do and don't want to add to our list. I don't even do that with anything else in my life. Planning for me is knowing I've got socks to wear in the morning - not necessarily matching socks but socks none the less. Yet I can tell you tonight we're dancing with Brickyard Boogies at Starlight Ballroom, tomorrow we're at the Indiana Roof with Dancemasters, and next Friday we're leaving for Tunica, Mississippi for a dance with the Memphis Bop Club. We'll also be attending a Rockabilly Festival this year.

That's changing your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment