Monday, November 2, 2009

Finally...

Finally the Halloween pictures re uploaded and ready for your viewing pleasure (though I have to say, it seems like if they're Halloween pictures they ought to be there for your viewing horror…). One week, two parties, and about 400 miles later Kelly and I have attended both the Indy Dancers costume party at the East Side Moose Club and the Casa Loma Halloween Masquerade party. Both were great and now it's kind of good to settle back and relax into a pre-tryptophan stupor while we rest up for the big three: Thanksgiving, Yule, and New Years.

St. Louis' Casa Loma Ballroom is a fantastic place to dance. The floor's in great condition, the bands are good (if a bit loud), and the crowd is diverse. This year, though, that crowd was a little thinner than in 2008. I don't know if it's due to the economy or the fact that the party fell on Halloween night and parents had to tour their kids around - whatever the case, the balconies stayed empty all night long and the dance floor was noticeably emptier. Most of the time I'm all for a bit of elbow room on the dance floor but not when It makes me worry over a storied ballroom's future. Maybe I'm being alarmist - I hope I am - but only time will tell. I guess I shouldn't bust the post-Halloween sugar high with my concerns. Better to savor the moment for none of us have control over the future.

I always knew that the Electric Slide was the devil's dance. There's something satanic about it - okay, maybe not satanic but you know. I've never been good at following rules so I guess I'll never be any good at doing line dances.



This is either the Macarena or a group of NFL referees practicing the signal for a good fieldgoal attempt. Isn't the Macarena the perfect dance for a mime? All those hand motions? Well, maybe not since this mime doesn't seem to be keeping up with the crowd.


Perpetual motion - if you could bottle this kind of energy we won't need coal gasification, wind turbines, or solar power. The nation could be powered by DANCE POWER! Oh, notice the shiny, oil slick looking to the right? It isn't a party until a guy dressed as a sheik slings MGD all over the dance floor and then has to be led off by his rather embarrassed looking spouse.


My favorite costumes of the night. They didn't take home first place in the costume contest - they lost to the entire cast of Carrie - people just go for a psychotic, psychic chick drenched in pig blood, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment