Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy 2010


Sorry for going MIA the past week. Computer complications (not dance complications) are the culprit. It’s really unfortunate, I figured with a week off and New Year’s looming I’d have fun blogging about all the goings on around our household and in the dance scene. Instead I spent most of the time fighting a bad video board. Life’s like that occasionally.


So, now I’m sitting in Kelly’s office hammering out a brief report. The PC will be back tomorrow and (barring the unforeseen) I’ll put up another part of my Bop tutorial as well as getting back to the usual writing about dancing and dance life.

I’m sure Kelly’s told everyone that New Year’s Eve at the South Side Moose absolutely rocked. There were some hitches but, having experienced the complications of cocktail parties for 20-30 guests I’d be surprised if there weren’t a few goofs. Still, even having the host never call our table for the buffet and having no bottle opener for capped champagne bottles that they handed out at 5 till midnight, we had a great time.

We did the rockabilly swing twice and it came off great – and to at least one smoking-fast tune. We also just generally had a good time dancing. That’s the point, you know. It doesn’t matter a bit if you’re silver medal level, bronze medal level, or even freaking cubic zirconium level if you’re not having fun you’re not dancing. There’s a great New Year’s tradition: you should end the old year in a way that represents the way you want to spend your new year. We ended our year having a wonderful time on the dance floor – a good sign, I’d say.

No comments:

Post a Comment