Friday, October 1, 2010

Flutter and Blink



Warning: Girl Post.

I’ve always wanted to wear false lashes; there’s something so glamorous about them. And, unlike others in my family, I was NOT born with a luscious fringe. Sadly, my lashes are thin, short, and sparse, even with several coats of mascara.

I’ve tried false lashes before. I didn’t have much luck. Patience is not one of my virtues. I either didn’t get them on correctly and half way through the evening I’d have a spider on my cheek, or else the glue was so strong I ripped out what few pitiful lashes I had at the end of the evening.

Well. Ether the glue and lashes have been improved or I’ve gotten more patient. I tried them again…and I LOVE them! I have a plain pair in brown, a couple with glitter, and a pair that looks like Cleopatra. You don’t have to spend big bucks; drug store ones at two dollars or so work fine, or there’s always ebay. Having tried them now, I have some pros and cons.

Cons

1) They do not work with glasses. If you wear glasses you will probably have to trim them, or else get used to the feeling of them brushing the lenses.

2) Most don’t look natural. I have a pair that is supposed to be realistic, but my husband, who isn’t best noticer (which BTW, I don’t mind…he thinks I look good in sweatpants), spotted them without me asking, as in, do you have fake lashes on?? If you want natural do those individual ones, half lashes, or wear mascara.

3) The glue dries fast. It says on the package wait until tacky, but I’ve found the time it takes my fumble fingers to get them on my lash line is plenty of time for tackiness to develop.

4) You can feel them. Well, yeah…something is stuck to your lids. You have to get used to that sensation.

Pros

1) Your eyes look huge and dramatic. For those of us who have never had long lashes, it’s awesome. And they come in a myriad of shapes, colors, some even have decorations. It would be very hard to glue rhinestones on your real lashes.

2) They now make eyelash glue that dries black; it looks like eye liner! Perfect. NOTE: I ruined a pair using what was called “remover”, some kind of nasty oil. You don’t need it. The glue just peels off like rubber cement

3) You don’t have to use any other eye make up unless you want to. And since you don’t need mascara when wearing false lashes, it actually takes less time to remove makeup.

4) You feel flirty. Pretty. Long lashes just do that. Wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment