Monday, March 15, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Dance at the Paramount

Ah, the Paramount Ballroom, subject of many a post here at Blue Suede Souls. Although both Gary and I have said this before, it is a wonderful treat to dance in such an historic space. There aren't many of these grand old ladies left.

Gary and I attended a St. Patrick's Day dance there last Saturday night. I think Gary may have a drop of two of Irish blood, I don't. And neither of us are Catholic. But we both love the idea of the wearin' of the green, because we both appreciate the fair isle's fairy folk and OK, the party atmosphere.

And, another theme night is always good. I especially love the excuse to dress up for yet another holiday. Dancing gives you the opportunity to wear costumes at almost any time of the year. I wore shamrock earrings, bright green nail polish, and a neon green top. My mom wore similar garb.



It's always fun to have my parents along, this time they deserve a special commendation. They forgot their dancing shoes. Anderson, Indiana is a long way from Indy. Much too long to retrieve shoes. Both wore street shoes that would not spin. So what did they do? They danced in their stocking feet!



That's the true spirit of dancing. And St. Paddy's Day too…leprechauns wouldn't let a thing like shoes stop them from kicking up their heels.

3 comments:

  1. According to our mother (this is Q writing), her mother said that her great-grandfather was Irish. Ok...way back there. But it IS, in fact, at least a DROP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and one more thing: where's the IRISH music on this blog???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take away my green beer! I neglected putting together an Irish playlist. If I went to church, I'd go to confession! But...since I don't...check the latest post!

    ReplyDelete