Sunday, March 21, 2010

Terry Lee and the Rockaboogie Band



Yep, another post about this fabulous band. Gary and I will probably post every time we see them, because of two things: one, we think they are THE best local band around. If you have a chance to see them do so…you won’t be disappointed.

Two, they mix it up. The show is never the same, and they aim to please. When they play at a dancing venue they always make sure they include varying tempos and rhythms. This is fabulous for those of us who want to dance different styles. If also great for older people who may not be able to keep up with blistering numbers. Of course, Terry also does play a few rocketing songs…Gary and I felt the after effects the next morning. But that’s cool. No guts no glory.

Last Friday Gary and I danced the rockabilly swing of course, but also ECS, WCS, and…a couple of rumbas! Very cool. We took my parents, who also loved them. My dad is a very picky musician himself, so that’s saying something.

In short, Terry Lee and his band are awesome to listen to, watch, and to dance to. Hats off. We hope you play forever. My favorite this time: White Lightning.

Well the "G" men, "T" men, revenuers, too
Searchin' for the place where he made his brew
They were looking, tryin to book him,
but my pappy kept a-cookin'
Whshhhoooh . . . white lightnin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment