Saturday, May 19, 2012

Raleigh Community Dance Club

This afternoon, while planning for the evening's dancing at the Raleigh Dance Club, I came across this piece from the Banner. Kelly and I were dancing the night they came to do their report and today I just happened to stumble upon the video.

I've said before how special I think this place is. The lovely couple being interviewed mention ballroom dancers with a note of awe, but I think it's more impressive to see a place like Raleigh, IN holding a Saturday night dance for 75 years. Nothing fancy, nothing extravagant, just dancing the way it's meant to be.


Tonight they're having their annual 'salad supper', a benefit to keep the community center open. Kelly and I will be there dancing and enjoying the company of genuine people doing what they love. Who could ask for anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment