Friday, December 14, 2012

The 11th Day of Christmas...

Oh yea, oh yea it’s the big Charleston contest and the 11th day of Christmas. It’s a Wonderful Life, love or hate it, is a staple of the yuletide season and this year Kelly and I went to The Artcraft Theatre in Franklin, IN to see a screening of Capra’s 1946 tale of the long-suffering George Bailey. It’s a Wonderful Life is one of the movies responsible for my desire to dance. I remember many a Christmas time sitting home and watching the Charleston contest scene and thinking, gee it must have been great back when people did that sort of thing…


Eventually the chance presented itself and, what do you know; now I actually do a few Charleston steps! Haven’t fallen into any swimming pools or taken home any loving cups lately but there’s still time. So, my gift to you on the 11th day of Christmas is the wish that all your dance-floor spills land you in the middle of a magical bit of moonlight strolling and maybe the love of your life. Now sing along with me, “Buffalo gal won’t you come out tonight, come out tonight, come out tonight…”



No comments:

Post a Comment