Thursday, December 13, 2012

Twelve Days and Counting...

Ah, twelve days ‘till Christmas kiddies, are your stockings hung by the central-heating unit with care? It’s been a fine year of dancing and I have to say I’m lucky that my dear wife Kelly has been good enough for the both of us – otherwise I’d have a sock-full of the black stuff this holiday!


See, I’ve been a bad boy. I’ve forsaken my sworn duty to write my little missives for Blue Suede Souls this year. Blame it on changing jobs, blame it on computer viruses, blame it on the rain if you like…whatever the case, I’ve been remiss and I’m sorry.

So, to make it up to you I’m doing a little shopping – twelve gifts to you, one a day for twelve days culminating in the Jolly Old Elf’s big day. Yes, I know that the real twelve days of Christmas actually start on the 25th and run through January 5th, but by then all you’ll want to do is clean up the blasted wrapping paper and not hear another carol until next December. I figured it’s best to strike while enthusiasm is high, the eggnog spiked, and those sugarplums still doing their nightly jig.

My first gift to you, my friends, the soft glow of vacuum tubes and the mellow tones of the Henry Hall Dance Orchestra bringing you a Christmas broadcast from 1932. Enjoy, oh and just put the wrapping paper in the big bag by the tree if you don’t mind…


No comments:

Post a Comment