Saturday, May 2, 2009

The World of Swing

I’ve said in other posts how huge the world of swing really is. I’ve posted some varieties of ECS, and so today I thought I’d post a few varieties of WCS. Some of them don’t have names, but all of them are distinct WCS styles.

Here is one called “swango”; it’s supposed to be a mix of tango and swing, I call it vampire swing. :)



Here’s a mix of WCS and hip hop. Very athletic! Gary and I incorporate some hip hop moves in our fast WCS, not nearly as much as these two do, though.



WC with hustle moves thrown in. Makes me like the hustle now. :)



Here is, in my opinion, the best WCS couple dancing today, Munroe & Tessa Cunningham. They demonstrate what I call the slinky WCS style. And this isn’t a performance routine…this is improvised. Fabulous. They have lots of videos…these two can dance to anything.



This is the Arkansas street swing. It leans more towards WC than EC, so I put it here:



This is a neat style that mixes WCS with an old dance style called “hand dancing”; hand dancing is an earlier form of the lindy hop.



And now…WCS plus belly dancing. Hot. I may have to take some lessons…



Here’s a rather EC-ish WCS that is really good.



Finally, a smooth WCS swing with bits of hip hop and belly dancing. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment